Baume & Mercier has been creating watches of the highest quality since 1830 for men and women. Combining performance, technical achievement and refined design, Baume & Mercier offers style with cutting-edge technology.
Baume & Mercier’s story begins in 1830. Brothers Louis-Victor and Célestin Baume opened a watch shop in Les Bois, a village in the Swiss Jura. Keenly aware of the potential represented by new territories, the company set up a Branch in London under the name “Baume Brothers”. It soon expanded throughout the British Empire.
At the beginning of the 1900s, the company director William Baume joined forces with Paul Mercier. Together, they founded Baume & Mercier, Genève, in 1918.
In 1919, it was awarded the highest international distinction of the time in the shape of the “Poinçon de Genève” quality hallmark.
In 1988, the firm joined the Vendôme group, now Richemont, and enriched its collection with a number of successful models which immediately established themselves as the brand’s flagship lines.